Foil Request Application and Rules
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE CITY OF OLEAN
PURSUANT TO THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION LAW
AND ARTICLE 6 OF THE PUBLIC OFFICERS LAW
- All requests for public documents under the custody and control of the City of Olean, which are pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, shall be made in writing to the Clerk of the City of Olean.
- All requests for public documents pursuant to Article 6 of the Public Officers Law and Freedom of Information Law will be made between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The fees for copies of records shall not exceed $0.25 per photocopy, not in excess of 9" x 14", or the actual cost of reproducing any other record, except when a different fee is otherwise prescribed by statute.
- The information requested will be reviewed by the Clerk of the City of Olean to determine whether or not the information requested complies with the Freedom of Information Law and other applicable New York and Federal laws.
- If the information requested complies with the Freedom of Information Law and other State and Federal regulations, the same will be provided through the Office of the City Clerk of the City of Olean to the requesting party or parties.
- If the information violates or is contrary to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Law and other State and Federal laws, the application will be denied by the Clerk of the City of Olean. Denial of the request for information will be provided to the requesting party. If the party requesting information of the City of Olean disagrees with the denial of information in part or in whole, the party requesting shall have the right to request an appeal within 30 days of the date the requesting party receives a written decision from the City Clerk of the City of Olean.
- Upon written request for appeal, the City Attorney for the City of Olean shall have 10 days thereafter to review the appeal of the determination of the City Clerk of the City of Olean. The determination will be provided to the requesting party in writing.