OATS Ride Nice Policy
The goal of the Olean Area Transit System (OATS) is to provide a safe, comfortable commute for individuals traveling on OATS vehicles. To ensure a pleasant commute for all, please observe the following rules:
- Respect your bus drivers and other riders.
- Smoking, including all forms of tobacco, (e-cigarettes) and any other products which emit or disburse in the air including but not limited to aerosol products, perfumes and colognes, is prohibited.
- Personal musical devices are allowed with head phones as long as the sound is not audible to others.
- Please do not distract the driver as this behavior is disruptive and unsafe.
- Eating or drinking is not allowed in the vehicle. Please do not litter.
- Proper attire, including shirts and shoes or appropriate foot coverings is required. Please exhibit appropriate personal hygiene.
- Do not damage, create graffiti, or destroy OATS property.
- Soiling or creating remnants of waste on the bus is prohibited.
- Firearms or hazardous materials are not allowed on the bus.
- Abusive behavior will not be tolerated. Such behavior includes but is not limited to: physical altercations with OATS employees or other riders; threatening or intimidating language; excessive profanity; or shouting at OATS employees or other riders.
Persons engaging in any of the above-referenced prohibited behaviors
will be asked to cease this behavior and may be removed from the bus.
The City of Olean and/or its Third Party Operator reserves the right to
ban offending individuals from OATS vehicles and from utilizing OATS
services in cases where the individuals repeatedly engage in prohibited
behavior. First time offenders will be asked to cease and abstain from
such conduct; if the behavior continues, individuals will be banned from
utilizing services and from physically entering OATS vehicles.
Reinstatement of transit privileges shall be handled on a case by case
basis at the sole discretion of City of Olean administration.