2016 Leaf Collection
NOTICE TO CITY OF OLEAN RESIDENTS
ANNUAL LEAF COLLECTION PROGRAM
Leaf collection in the City of Olean will begin on Monday, October 31, 2016. They will be collected from the roadway one-time only per the schedule below:
- The Midtown area lying east of Union Street toward the Olean Creek and from East Sullivan Street southerly toward the Allegheny River.
- All streets parallel to West State Street from Union Street to the west City line, including the adjacent north-south numerical streets through the West End.
- The immediate area north of West Sullivan Street to 8th Street through the Wayne, Coleman Street section and cross streets.
- North Olean.
- South Olean.
- East Olean.
- NO LEAVES TO BE PLACED IN ROADWAY until weekend of October 29-30, 2016.
- Do NOT place tree limbs or branches in roadway with leaves. Leaf collection machinery cannot accommodate these items.
- Putting leaves into the roadway after the first full collection has been finished is discouraged since it can interfere with drainage and plowing operations.
- The City will attempt to perform a second round of collection when one full circuit as outlined above has been completed; however, there is no guarantee that can occur should the winter weather come on too quickly.
- If possible, refrain from parking vehicles on streets anticipating a collection.
Questions regarding the leaf collection schedule should be directed to the Department of Public Works, phone 376-5650.