Mission and Values Statement
We the members of the
City of Olean Department of Fire,
Building, and Emergency Services
dedicate our efforts
to serve our Community as a team.
We will strive for the protection,
and preservation of all life.
It is the responsibility of each member to support the mission by subscribing to the following values.
For the Community:
- Remember that all those who contribute to our being here may one day need something in return, and to live up to their expectation.
- To be involved in our community, as we are the ones most likely to benefit.
- Safety of the public is top priority, followed closely by the safety of our members.
For the Department:
- Honesty and respect for ourselves and what we do.
- Fair and equal treatment both in-house and in the field.
- Maintain the highest level of training possible.
- Work within the structure of the City with other departments to provide the citizens with the best value for their money.
- Operate within our department efficiently and cost effectively.
- To be recognized, and to recognize, a job well done.