Halloween Safety Rules for Kids
- ALWAYS ASK YOUR PARENTS FOR PERMISSION BEFORE YOU GO WITH ANYONE.
- Always go trick-or –treating with an trusted adult.
- Stay in safe neighborhoods.
- Wear costumes with reflective markings and bright colors.
- Costumes should not drag on the ground or floor.
- Costumes should be made of flame-resistant material.
- Cross the street at the corner or in a crosswalk.
- Remove your mask when crossing the street.
- Only go to houses that have their lights on.
- Accept treats only in the doorway. Never go inside a house unless
your parent's give you permission.
- Be sure to say thank you for your treats.
- Walk, do not run.
- Walk on sidewalks and driveways.
- Carry a flashlight or glow stick.
- Do not play near lit jack-o-lanterns.