Benefits of Youth Court for the Offender
- The young offender is given an opportunity to claim responsibility for his/her actions and learn from their mistakes, without further involvement in the justice system and Family Court.
- Through weekly office visits and the mentoring program, the youth receive one on one attention to work on various issues, coping strategies and an individualized plan for success.
- At age 18, the youth’s record is destroyed.
Benefits of Youth Court for the Youth Court Members
- Youth Court provides teen members an opportunity to build a better community and school through their participation and service to youth.
- Members learn more about the legal system and juvenile law, and develop public speaking and leadership skills.
- The Youth Court program is highly recognized by the National Honor Society, colleges and universities as an important element of community service.
buy windows 11 pro