Pressure Treated Lumber Regulations
Types of preservative treatments that replaced CCA (treated lumber using arsenate) and appropriate metal fasteners.
- ACQ-A: Ammoniacal Copper Quat (preserve or preserve plus)
- ACQ-D: Amine Copper Quat (naturewood)
- CBA-A: Copper Azole-Type A (wolmanized)
- SBX: Borate Oxide (advanceguard, smartguard) CAN’T USE EXTERIOR, SILL PLATES ONLY. Can use regular connectors.
Steel or Aluminum fasteners cannot be used with this type of treated wood.
The primary fasteners shall be hot-dipped galvanized, stainless steel, silicon bronze or copper. ½ inch stainless steel bolts can be used.
The "Z-max" triple zinc coated nails can be used with ACQ and CBA.
Electroplated galvanized fasteners and metal products are not acceptable.
Simpson Strong Ties offer several different connectors:
- G90 Standard galvanized coating with 0.90 oz. Of zinc
- ZMAX G185 galvanized with 1.85 oz. Of zinc
- HDG Hot dipped galvanized
- SST300 Type 316L stainless steel