Sewer Treatment Plant
174 South 19th Street
Phone: (716) 376-5694
Phone: (716) 376-5677 (after hours emergency)
7:00 AM - 3:00PM, Monday through Friday
6:00 AM - 2:00PM, Saturday and Sunday
Wastewater Treatment Process
Treatment Process: Integrated Fixed Film Activated Sludge (IFAS)
- Hybrid treatment system that combines fixed film technology with conventional activated sludge
- The immersed media provides surface area for biological growth to attach
- Addition of media to an aeration basin to increase biomass concentrations assists in nitrification.
- IFAS Advantages:
- Allows secondary treatment expansion without additional aeration basins.
- Improved biomass capacity which improves the nitrification capacity.
- Increased resistance to hydraulic washouts.
- Lower suspended MLSS concentrations improving secondary clarifier performance.
Average flow: 3.5 Million Gallons per Day
- Maintain and operate 10 pump stations, and 1 flood station
- Maintain and operate 2 NYSDEC flood stations ELAP Certified Laboratory
- Monitor 8 participants in the Industrial Pretreatment Program
- Sodium Hypochlorite disinfection
- Anaerobic digestion
- Monitor and collect weather data for submittal to the National Weather Service in Buffalo, NY
- Process 368 dry tons of solids per year
To produce a final effluent that is in compliance with SPDES required limits. This operating strategy accounts for the following conditions that directly impact operations and effluent quality:
- Site specific solids, nitrogenous and carbonaceous loading.
- Seasonal variations in biological activity
- Seasonal and daily variations in flow
- Infiltration and Inflow
The City has an RV dump station located at the WWTP 174 S. 19th St for the public to use for a $10 fee (water is provided).
Available times are Mon-Fri 7am-2:00pm and Sat & Sun 7am-1pm.