Frequently Asked Questions
Go Green is an initiative by the City of Olean Department of Public Works Water Office to encourage customers to use electronic billing and payments. Paperless billing and payments save time and money and most importantly helps the environment!
Click here to register for paperless billing.
OPTION 1: Call the Water Office at (716) 376-5657, be sure to have your account number handy.
OPTION 2: Online:
- Go to our online payment website here.
- Click on Register in the upper right hand corner and fill in email, name phone and create a password.
- An email will be sent to you, click on the link in it to confirm your registration.
- Select the Water and Sewer Billing tab and click on Add an Account.
- Enter your account number which is located on your bill on the upper right hand side and is in the format XX-XXXXX-XX.
- Enter Last Payment Amount which is also located on your bill on the right side just above the Current Balance. If this is a new account where no payments have been made, enter 0.00 for the Last Payment Amount.
- After you've added your account, make sure you are still under the Water and Sewer Billing tab and click on Sign up for Paperless Billing on the right side bar under Online Services.
- Click the option button under Email and type and confirm your email address.
- Click Update.
The same way you can currently pay:
- Online at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/oleanny with a credit card
- Through a monthly ACH bank draft after completing our Bank Draft Authorization Form.
- By mail - City Clerk's Office, PO Box 668, Olean, NY 14760
- By phone - (716) 376-5601, (716) 376-5602
- In person - City Clerk's Office, Olean Municipal Building, 101 East State Street, first floor, glass doors
- Dropbox - located on Times Square on the north side of the City Building
We currently accepts the following credit cards for online payment of water bills:
- American Express
After completing the payment process, a Confirmation Page with a corresponding Confirmation Number will be displayed. You are encouraged to print this page for your records. You will also receive an email confirmation.
Payments can be verified by the Water Department and customers can also see payments immediately under transactions on the online payment website.
- Log in to our online payment website here.
- Click on Member Profile in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on Edit Profile.
- Update your email address.
- Click Save Profile.
In addition to paying your bill, you can also view previous transactions (back to 2008) based on your choices of start and end dates. You can also review your last 2 years of water consumption.