NOTICE TO CITY OF OLEAN RESIDENTS
2022 RESIDENTIAL CLEAN-UP WEEK
The City of Olean Department of Public Works is announcing that residential Clean-Up Week is scheduled to begin Monday, July 11, 2022. Clean-Up Week debris must be on the curb by 7:00 AM on that date. Pickup will begin on or about that time and continue for consecutive work days until the pickup is done.
A fee of $50.00 per lot must be paid in advance to participate. This can be done by either mailing a check or money order to the City of Olean Department of Public Works, P.O. Box 668, Olean, NY 14760 or by stopping at the Office of the Department of Public Works, located in the City Building, 101 East State Street – Room 206, Olean.
All sign-ups MUST BE RECEIVED by 4:00 PM on THURSDAY, JULY 7, 2022.
There will be NO signups allowed after this date.
ALL CLEAN-UP WEEK MATERIALS SHALL BE PLACED AT CURB SIDE.
THERE WILL BE NO SET-OUT SERVICE FOR CLEAN-UP WEEK DEBRIS.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: NO CLEAN-UP WEEK LOT CAN EXCEED 3 FT WIDE, 10 FT LONG, 6 FT HIGH.
- No debris shall be placed at curbside unless pickup has been paid for.
- Clean-Up debris shall not be placed at curbside any sooner than Saturday, July 9, 2022.
- Commercial/industrial establishments are excluded from this pickup.
Examples of items that WILL be collected are:
- Books & magazines (boxed or bagged)
- Empty paint cans
- Mattresses/box springs
- Windows (neatly stacked)
- Rugs (rolled or cut into pieces & bagged/boxed)
- Clothing (bagged or boxed)
- Metal items
- Gas grills (NO propane tanks)
- Lumber must be no longer than 4’ and bundled. No bundle shall be greater than 12” in diameter.
- Drywall and/or acceptable shingles must be in sturdy boxes or trash cans. Weight not to exceed 60 pounds.
Items that will NOT be collected as Clean-Up debris are:
- Animal waste
- Asbestos (including roof and siding shingles containing asbestos)
- Car Batteries
- Hazardous waste (household or otherwise)
- Infectious waste
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Paint, solvents, or any liquids
- Pipe other than household plumbing pipe 1” diameter or less, cut into 4’ lengths
- Railroad ties
- Refuse and garbage
- White goods (microwaves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, etc)
- Freon containing white goods (refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, etc)
- Yard waste (leaves, twigs, etc.)
- Electronics (computers, monitors, televisions)
- Any illegal dumping should be immediately reported to the Olean Police Department.
- Clean-Up debris shall not be combined with two or more lots and placed at curbside where only one lot has paid for pickup. Each household must pay for their own pickup.
THE ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN POLICE DEPARTMENT ENFORCEMENT AND FINES
Any questions on Clean-Up Week should be directed to City of Olean DPW at (716) 376-5650