OFD Press Release 4/23 – Structure Fire: Fulton Street

Structure Fire 121 Fulton Street
April 23rd 2024

On Tuesday April 23rd at 07:26 the City of Olean Fire Department was dispatched for a structure fire at 121 Fulton Street.  The fire department responded with two engines and one ladder truck.  The first engine arrived on the scene within three minutes and found smoke and fire coming from the 2nd floor windows.  A hose line was stretched and advanced into the house for an interior fire attack, while other firefighters conducted a search for any victims.  The fire was knocked down within four minutes of arriving on-scene.  Crews then checked for extension in the attic and voids.  The fire was contained to one bedroom on the 2nd floor with some extension to the exterior.

There were four people in the home at the time of the fire.  All residents were able to self-evacuate.  One was treated for burns and smoke inhalation. Trans AM provided on-scene care and transported the patient to Olean General Hospital.  Portville Fire Department Air Truck assisted on scene.  Allegany and Weston Mills Fire Department provided standby coverage.  Love Thy Neighbor assisted the displaced residents.

The cause of the fire has been determined to be accidental, caused by electrical malfunction.